Sunday, February 12, 2006

Words Unsaid (Posted on MySpace 02/12/06)





Words Unsaid

Current mood:discontent

     Im a prisoner of words unsaid
     Just lonely feelings locked away in my head
     I trap myself further evertime I stay quiet
     I start to speak but I stop and stay silent
     And now I've made my own hard bed
     Inside a prison of words unsaid
          -Alicia Keys
When I read these words, I got this inexplainable feelings. This may sound very cliche, but it felt as though I was out of my body, looking down deep into my soul. It was as though these words came from my mind. It was as though these words came from my heart. I can't count the number of times I've kicked myself for not saying what I wanted to say to someone I love. Usually by the time I realize it, so much time has passed it becomes too late. I've always struggled with expressing myself verbally, however I didn't realize it was such an issue until a 2 and a half year relationship ended due to my lack of emotion and expression. I thought the break-up would be a turning point for me, but here I am, another 2 and a half plus years have passed, and I'm on the verge of losing the love of my life for this exact same reason. I've never had a problem telling random people what's on my mind, but when it comes to the people I really love and really care about, I really struggle. I forget my thoughts, I draw blanks, I...become guarded. Am I afraid of hurting or being hurt? Am I afraid of being judged, laughed at, or made fun of? Maybe I'm afraid of putting my foot in my mouth. Maybe I'm afraid that if I say the wrong thing, I will turn a good situation into a bad one or a bad situation into a worse one. Whatever the fear, I have many words unsaid.

Comments

  • Phil Franklin Couldn't have put it better, just write it down. Sometimes the mind will trap the best of our expressions, and it takes time to draw them from out. Sometimes you can't say to a loved one what you want because you are clouded by fear, and insecurity, or even discontent with what you vissualize yourself saying. Put it in words that can be read, and you will have the time to search yourself for the most compelling choice of words, and that will last a lot longer than a brief "I love you too"
      4 years ago
      • Mrs. Divens
        My sista',
        It's apparent that you're pretty good at expression in regards to doing these "Blogs", therefore, I would suggest that you open up to your significant other and if it's difficult to do in a conversation..."You Got To Put It On Paper"!!  Make sure you give it to him and allow him to read it while you are present and that's an opportunity to for you two to expand (verbally) on what you've written.  Please, allow him to help you help yourself in regards to being able to express yourself when it comes to you and him.  Sista', "there's always more than 1 way to skin a cat"!
        Thanks for sharing that and I hope that our positive comments inspire you.

        1 Luv
          4 years ago

        No comments:

        Post a Comment