Saturday, December 11, 2010

Toys, Toys, Toys!

When I was a child, I always wanted EVERYTHING for Christmas. I mean...who doesn't? I always knew Christmas was near when Sears would send that fat catalogue to the house full of every toy in the world (or so I thought). I didn't even make a Christmas list, I just grabbed the catalogue when no one was looking, and circled everything I wanted. It was much easier that way. Christmas Day would come and it always seemed like a hundred gifts under the tree. Truth of the matter is, there really wasn't a whole lot. My mama just knew how to make "little" look like "much" #ThatWillPreach.

Man, I got a Snow Cone Maker, Easy Bake Oven, Operation, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Trouble, Mr. Potato Head, Teddy Ruxpin, My Little Pony, Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Dolls, Rainbow Bright, Nintendo, Game Boy, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, PlayStation...not all in one year of course. lol. 

But there were a few items that I seemed to have put on my "list" (circled in the catalogue) very year that I never got. Like *singing* "Light Bright. Light Bright. Turn on the magic of colored lights." Maaaaaan I wanted a Light Bright so bad. I don't even know WHY! LOL

What were your favorite childhood toys? Which toys did you always want but never got?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive