Tuesday, November 23, 2010

30 Day Challenge - Day 5: Your Dreams

The 30 Day Letter Challenge





WRITE A LETTER TO: Day 5 — Your dreams
Leigh Harline and Ned Washington wrote a well-known song that says, "If your heart is in your dream no request is too extreme."* My heart wants so badly to believe this, for you show me visions of happiness in a place where love has no guidelines or restrictions. You show me illusions of joy in a place where there are no rules and regulations. You show me fantasies of enchantment in a place where all love is loved and accepted. But then the sun rises, and alarm sounds, and reality's happiness, joy, and enchantment pull you from my desiring embrace.

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come true.

Pinocchio wished upon a star with all his heart and his dream to be real came real. Well, Dream, I don't believe in wishes, and I certainly don't believe in human ability to make inanimate object because "real." But I do believe that if I trust in the Lord and do good  (Psalm 37:3), and also delight myself in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart (v.4). So, Dream, you and your false sense of hope can kick rocks barefoot. But thanks for the fun and fantasy :)

*Music History - When You Wish Upon A Star from Walt Disney's 1940 adaptation of Pinocchio.

No comments:

Post a Comment