Thursday, November 25, 2010

30 Day Challenge - Day 7: Your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush

The 30 Day Letter Challenge




WRITE A LETTER TO: Day 7 — Your Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush
DISCLAIMER: Just because I went out with you, however many times, does NOT mean your were my boyfriend and does not now make you my Ex.
Dear Ex-(non)Boyfriend #1: Thank you for showing your true colors early in the relationship. Because of my good common sense, I dodged a major bullet from that pistol personality of yours that seems to inflict pain upon so many people who love you. Amazingly, God later used you to bring a wonderful amount of joy into my life, into my family, and into this world. For that, I will always love you.
Dear Ex-Boyfriend #2: Thank you for dumping me. It was the best thing that could ever happen to me. It opened my eyes, forcing me to find and identify who I really am, and be that person with no holds barred. While I don't feel I learned very much or grew very much during our...2.5 year stint, what I learned in hindsight is priceless and beyond measure. For that, I will always love you.
Dear Ex-Boyfriend #3: Thank you for being an asshole :) I know you absolutely HATE when I call you that, but boy do I appreciate it. From you, I learned the ins and outs of relationships. From you, I learned the importance of sacrifice and compromise. From you, I learned how to deal with being hurt, not understanding, and still being able to love. Ultimately, I learned how to love. For that, I will always love you.
I certainly hope that each of you learned something significant from me, and I pray that those lessons learned lead you to find the GOoD love each of you deserve. BUT IT AINT GONE BE ME! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment